TUX Invitation to Enter Draw via TUX Facebook Page
Entry via 3rd Party App
Terms and Conditions
- Promotion name: The Great TUX Summer Snapshot Competition (“The Promotion”)
- The Promoter is Nestlé New Zealand Limited, trading as Purina PetCare of 12-16 Nicholls Lane, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand
- Website: www.facebook.com/tuxnz
- Promotional Period: The competition starts at 9am on Tuesday 26 January 2016 & closes at 9am on Tuesday 2 February 2016. (“Promotional Period”)
- Entry Restrictions: Entry is open to residents of New Zealand who are aged 15 years and over. Entrants under the age of 15 years must have their parent or guardian’s permission to enter the Promotion. Entry is only open to residents of New Zealand who have a Facebook account (“Eligible Entrant”). Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- Entry Method: To enter, entrants must during the Promotional Period:
(i) Visit www.facebook.com/tuxnzand and upload an original photo to the Purina TUX Facebook page of their dog enjoying their summer. The dog must feature in the photo; (
ii) The Promoter will judge all entries in accordance with Judging Details to determine the top 6 finalists (“Finalists”);
(iii) The Finalists will be posted to TUX Facebook page and will be subject to a public vote between 3pm on 2 February 2016 and 12pm on 5 February 2016 (“Voting Period”);
(iv) At the end of the Voting Period, the Promoter will judge in accordance with Judging Details to determine one (1) major prize winner (“Major Prize Winner”) and up to five (5) minor prize winners (“Minor Prize Winner”).
- Maximum Entries Permitted: Entry is limited to once per Eligible Entrant
- Judging Details: The Promoter will judge all entry submissions throughout the Promotional Period to determine up to six (6) finalists (“Finalists”). All entry submissions will be judged on creativity, originality and suitability. The Finalists original entry submission will be placed on the TUX Facebook page and the public will be invited to vote for their favourite Finalist during the Voting Period. A member of the public may vote for any or all of the Finalists by using the ‘Like’ function, but may not vote more than once for the same finalist. At the end of the Voting Period, the Promoter will count the amount of “Likes” that the Finalist has received. The Finalists that has received the most Facebook “Likes” during the Voting Period will be determined to be the Major Prize Winner. The five (5) remaining Finalists will be determined to be the Minor Prize Winners. If the Promoter suspects that there has been manipulation of the voting process or if the Promoter otherwise deems it to be necessary they may also re-judge the Finalist entry submissions to determine winners. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize: One Major Prize will consist of - A GoPro HERO4 Silver camera; - A GoPro Fetch dog harness for fitting to a dog; - 1x 7kg bag of TUX Kibble; - A TUX branded T-shirt. Valued at $820 RRP.
Five Minor Prizes will consist of: - 1x 7kg bag of TUX Kibble and a TUX branded T-shirt . Prize is not transferrable and cannot be converted to cash. Valued at $60 RRP.
- Value of Prize pool: Up to $1120 RRP
- Conditions of prize: As per conditions of entry. Prizes are not transferable & cannot be converted to cash
- Prize Winner Notification: Major and Minor Prize Winners will be notified by Private Message to the winners’ Facebook pages within 48 hours of the winners being announced.
- Prize Winner Publication Details: Prize winners will be announced on the Purina TUX Facebook page no later than 3pm on Friday 5 February 2016.
- Prize Claim Date: A prize must be claimed by the winner within 14 days of the Promoter announcing the competition results at www.facebook.com/tuxnz. In the event that a winner fails to claim their prize by responding to the Promoter’s post the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter may determine an alternative winner.
Conditions of Entry
- These Conditions of Entry are to be read in conjunction with the Schedule to Conditions of Entry. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the Conditions of Entry and the Schedule to Conditions of Entry, the Schedule to Condition of Entry prevails.
- Information on how to enter & prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry and Schedule to Conditions of Entry is invalid.
- Standard entry restriction: Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- Promotional Period: The Promotion will take place during the Promotional Period. Any entry that occurs outside this period is invalid.
- Receipt of entries for electronic entries: Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, late, lost or misdirected information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission
- Games of skill: All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Verification Requirements: The Promoter may require the entrant to provide proof of identity, age, and residency. Where the Promotion requires the purchase of a product(s), the Promoter reserves the absolute discretion to require any prize winner to produce the original purchase receipt/s for every entry they or their household made during the Promotion period in order to claim a prize. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be invalid.
- Standard Prize Restriction: All prizes unless stated to the contrary are not transferable & cannot be converted to cash
- Prize Value: Prize value is correct at time of printing but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any prize
- Prize Delivery: Prizes will only be delivered in New Zealand and each winner should allow 28 days from prize winner determination for delivery of their prize, or (if required) the date they advise the Promoter of their nominated New Zealand bank account details for their prize money to be deposited.
- If a prize winner or participant is under the age of 18 years of age: The prize will be awarded to the winner's parent/guardian on their behalf. The Promoter may require a winner under the age of 18 years to be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian throughout prize fulfilment.
- If the prize becomes unavailable: The Promoter may substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value in the event that any prize item is unavailable despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure within New Zealand. This substitution may be subject to any approval process required by any relevant gaming or lotteries authority if the Promotion is a game of chance.
- Consumer Guarantee: Each prize winner should look to the manufacturer of products and provider of services awarded as prizes for all warranties. However, these terms and conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 [NZ] where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void.
- Tampering: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process. Tampering includes but is not limited to the utilisation of techniques designed to avoid payment of call costs or the making of multiple entries that are not associated with a separate eligible purchase, or submitting an entry which is not otherwise in accordance with these Conditions of Entry and Schedule to Conditions of Entry. Should the Promoter find evidence of tampering by an individual, in addition to declaring any or all entries made by that individual invalid, the Promoter may also preclude that entrant from participation future promotions of the Promoter.
- Risks: The entrant acknowledges that participation in the Promotion and prize fulfilment may involve risk. The Promoter may require a winner (and their companions) to sign an indemnity and release prior to participation in the prize fulfilment or participation in the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner (and their nominated companions) to take part in any or all aspects of a prize if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that a winner (and/or their nominated companions) are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate.
- Technical Malfunction: If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Promotion.
- Publicity: Winners may be required to participate in a follow-up interviews and publicity. By entering the Promotion and claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and Promotion purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
- Entry Content: The Promoter may use their entry content, name, likeness, images, photograph/s, film and sound recordings and any other material created during their participation in the Promotion for publicity and promotion purposes for an unlimited time throughout the world without compensation in any media, social media, advertising and/or promoting any goods or services of the Promoter.
- Copyright: It is a condition of participating in the Promotion that the entrant warrants that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property of any third parties. The entrant assigns all rights, title and interest in their entry to the Promoter without compensation. The entrant further agrees not to object to the Promoters use of the entry material on the basis of any moral right. The Promoter may, if required request that an entrant complete any documentation necessary to give effect to this assignment of right, title and interest.
- Liability: The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Disruptive, abusive, unsuitable entries: The Promoter may determine all entries invalid and/or preclude participation by an entrant if an entrant disrupts, annoys, abuses, acts contrary to law or engages in fraudulent misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Tax: Winners should obtain their own independent financial advice in relation to any tax liability that may arise as a result of their participation in the Promotion.
- Promoters Decisions: All decisions of the Promoter are at their complete discretions and are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Social Media: The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Entrants completely release Facebook, Instagram or Twitter from any and all liability relating to the Promotion.